When you need transport - help is at hand
Upavon Rushall and Charlton Link - 0750 100 4349
Did you know that Upavon Rushall and Charlton Link can assist with a variety of transport requirements, including:
- Attending medical and other appointments, such as visiting a solicitor
- Collecting important items - shopping, prescriptions, library books
- Visiting friends and relatives in hospital and care homes
- Making it possible for you to attend a club, day-centre or other social engagements
- Assisting with unexpected situations when you can’t get somewhere yourself
Especially in rural areas where public transport is limited, this is a good way to help maintain your independence and quality of life. What’s more, you don’t need to be of a certain age to contact Link; anyone who needs assistance is welcome to give them a call, including residents who find themselves without transport on a temporary basis.
Whatever your reason for getting in touch, Link’s friendly team of local volunteers will do their best to help, whenever possible. If you live in Upavon, Rushall or Charlton please keep the above number to hand and spread the word by telling your neighbours.
A similar service operates for the Durrington and Netheravon areas on - 01980 594857.
These numbers can also be provided by Reception at Avon Valley Practice
Charity No. 1001089