PARISH ELECTIONS – THURSDAY 4TH MAY 2017 – SUMMARY
• The Notice of Election for Upavon’s Parish Council Election has been published on 15th March 2017.
• The Election is scheduled to take place in Upavon on Thursday 4th May 2017 from 7am until 10pm.
• A total of nine Parish Councillors will be elected for the Parish of Upavon.
• Here on the Upavon Village Website, we have the following documents which you may find useful:
• The majority of election documents will be published by Wiltshire Council’s Electoral Services via their Website (http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/elections) and any questions specific to those documents should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Any questions of a more general nature should be directed to the Clerk to the parish Council at email@example.com or on 01980 630059.
• Timetables and Key Dates:
o The Notice of Election has been published on 15th March 2017.
o The close of nominations is 4pm on Tuesday 4th April 2017.
o The deadline for withdrawal is also 4pm on Tuesday 4th April 2017.
o The Statement of Persons Nominated will be produced by 4pm on Wednesday 5th April 2017. Note: this Statement will notify the Parish Council of whether a Poll will be held on 4th May 2017, whether there will be vacancies on the Council (i.e. whether or not enough people have stood to fill the seats on the Council), whether the Council will be quorate or not (i.e. will have three or a third of the seats filled – whichever is the greater number).
o The last date to register to vote is Thursday 13th April 2017.
o The close of postal vote applications is Tuesday 18th April 2017.
o The close of proxy vote applications is Tuesday 25th April 2017.
o Polling Day is Thursday 4th May 2017.
o Change of Parish Council will be Monday 8th May 2017.
o The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council will be Wednesday 17th May 2017, at which the new Chairman will be appointed.
o The first Meeting of the new Parish Council will be Wednesday 5th July 2017.
• Nomination Papers.
o Nomination Packs, including Nomination Papers are available on the Electoral Services Website (http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/elections).
o The Nomination Packs will provide candidates with details of the information required and how to submit their application for candidacy.
o Note: When completing the Application for Candidacy, the Elector Numbers of the Candidate, Proposer and Seconder will be required. If these are not known, please contact the Clerk to the parish Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to give the following details for each person: surname, first name and other initials; full address including house name (if any) and post code.
o All seven pages of the Candidate’s Consent Form must be completed, and must be received by the Returning Officer before the close of nominations, in order for the nomination to be valid.
o Nomination Papers can no longer be delivered by post, fax or e-mail: they have to be hand-delivered by either the candidate or someone appointed by them.
o Nomination Papers can be hand-delivered to the ‘Electoral Services Nomination Desk’ at any of the following designated Wiltshire Council Offices:
• County Hall, Bythesea Road, TROWBRIDGE BA14 8JN.
• Monkton Park, CHIPPENHAM SN15 1ER.
• Crossmolina Buildings, Snuff Street, DEVIZES SN10 1FG.
• Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre, Hulse Road, SALISBURY SP1 3NR.